Thursday 17 July 2014

Gloomy Summer Days Pick Me Up!

Today let's talk about nail polish! We've had overcast skies and some rain the past few days so I thought we'd discuss something light and colourful to brighten up our days. When you're in a rut and feeling blah, what do you do? Some of the big things I can think of are to go for a new look - maybe a new hair colour or a completely new hair style. But what about if you don't want to partake in something which may end up being quite dire for a passing mood, or you just don't have the time... then how about a polish change? Something with pizzazz and sparkle! Maybe you'll do all your nails a different colour? Hey, why not! I feel like now is the time that there are no rules with nail polish. Go crazy!

I chopped down my nails last week - they were getting way too long for my taste, so Nadia, owner of HBS Spa Life, painted my nails for me today. I was having a bit of a blah day and was feeling quite tired. She painted my nails and sent me home from work early! :D 

She used a base of Breezi blue, then topped it off with Monet glitter. She painted my accent nail Pixie Dust Vega (by the way, I call Pixie Dust polishes, "Glitter glue nail polish"! Seriously, it looks like someone just dumped glitter glue in the bottle! It's AWESOME!). What do you think? Funky and fun?! I'm happy with it! Next week we'll try one of Zoya's other summer colours. How about you pick the next combination of colours for me!? ;) Let me know what you've chosen. Here are some of Zoya's other summer colours: 


What type of nail polish do you use? Do you have a favourite? I was discussing polish colours with one of our clients. She wanted to purchase a new colour and couldn't remember if she owned that particular colour. She said *ALL* her colours always end up being pinks! Many of which are the same pink! Does this happen to you? I used to be like that as well. I used to be hung up on shades of reds and oranges, now I'm throwing caution to the wind and trying anything! Let loose, my friends... I dare you to try out some funky colour combinations and post your pics so I can see!

Before I sign off for the evening, I also wanted to discuss with you what goes into your polishes. Have you ever looked at the ingredient list? One thing about HBS Spa Life which I really like is that their product lines tend to stay away from harsh synthetics. For example, Zoya polishes do not use toxic ingredients like toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and DBP (dibutyl phthalate). Check your bottles to see what you're putting on your nails. If you do find any of these ingredients, try to find a local company to you that provides more natural lines like Zoya, or visit their website here to find a dealer near you. If you are in the GTA, then I hope you come in and visit me at HBS Spa Life to see which colours we have on our shelves!

See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love glitter nail polishes, actually I love nail polishes! Every week I paint my nail a different color and most of the time I try some nail art :)
    I love the colors you chose, they are very beautiful! Maybe next time you can try the coral one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca! I actually did the coral one on my toes on the weekend. I will post a pic soon. When I was younger, I used to keep up with my polished nails and try to draw things on them with a pin lol Now there are easier ways to do it. Glad you like to keep up with changing it up!

      Delete